Monday, November 13, 2006

Rrrrr....iga!

Hallo out there! I haven't posted anything for a while, so I think it's a time for a new entry.

How am I? - I hear somebody asking. Well, +/- ok, recovered, back to work etc. I had a wonderful time in Riga, actually lots of DJ-ing this time - 5 nights in 10 days. The so called micro-tour, which included spinning with ZeDmitry in 3 different bars/clubs in row, beated all my expactations - so good it was! Tons of a good energy after rocking nights at Pulkvedis and Casablanca, and some deeper excursions at the Golden Bar. Thanks to everybody who came and supported! In fact I was a bit worried before, because it seemed that these venues (first two) had become more pop, less electronic, but eventually everything was perfectly ok, proving that e-music isn't just for nerds, and even "mainstream" people can get into the contemporary electronic dance music groove. And that DJ-ing is not just a technical thing, but, in fact, it's a very subtle and emotional thing.

Some songs turned out to be the unofficial anthems of this "tour". As far as I can remember those include well-known but still not too much played in Latvia: Booka Shade's Mandarine Girl and White Rooms, Ame's Rej, C.Craig's remix of Goldfrapp's Fly Me Away as well as the beautiful e-pop song - Dusty Kid Pop Ga-Ga remix of The Egg's Walking away, and Tobi Neummann's (aka Glove) remix of Miss Kittin's Rippin Kittin. To my surprise apart from these electrohouse anthems some less known, more techy and deeper things had a great response, for instance, all trax on the great Sindicato Crew e.p. (that's a mini-compilation by various artists from the Madrid based Sindicato label, a bit more about it in my chart, which is already on its way) and Sex Drive by Format:B (that's Opossum stuff) to mention few.

Thanks again, and we'll be back!

Golden Boy with Miss Kittin - Rippin Kittin (Glove's Tension Club Mix)

p.s. Photos from these events you can check here

No comments: